If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista

WinVistaClub Blog

WinVistaClub has a spectacular aura aboutWinVistaClub has a spectacular aura aboutWinVistaClub has a spectacular aura about
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
If you find that your your Language Bar is missing or has disappeared in your Windows Vista, try this!

More...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WinVistaClub For This Useful Post:

diman82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
Great, worked for me! Great & simple solution!

Simply check that CTFMON.EXE boots at startup (for all users).
Use the following code (copy and paste to a .REG file) if you don't know how to add manually this executable to HKLM startup.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] "ctfmon"="CTFMON.EXE"
The Following User Says Thank You to diman82 For This Useful Post:

3riC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
can u pls explain further??

diman82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
There's an executable (file) "CTFMON.EXE" located in your %SystemRoot%\system32 directory (usually C:\windows\system32).
You have to make sure, that this executable auto-launches at every windows startup. For that, I've addedd the code from above, that ou should add it to your system's registry, if it's not already there.

3riC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
oh yeh...

i added a new entry in regedit following your path.

then i added a new String, clicked modify and typed:

"ctfmon"="CTFMON.EXE"

i cant believe it worked man...it took me MONTHS, seriously, MONTHS to find a solution....

also, why can't i see the post by WinVistaClub ??? i came in and can only see your post....

Last edited by 3riC : 10-13-2008 at 14:21.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3riC For This Useful Post:

diman82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
HHH.. I'm glad it worked out for you, cause it took me some time to fiind this simple solution to this minor, yet very annoying problem.

At first I was in shock, that with all the advanced features of microsoft's newest OS, still there was no mechanism that could avoid such a problem. Later, I has just become dissapointed from microsoft.. They make great products, and yet you encounter problem of this kind..

About the blog I know nothing, cause I came up against this forum all of a sudden.
The Following User Says Thank You to diman82 For This Useful Post:

3riC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by diman82 View Post
HHH.. I'm glad it worked out for you, cause it took me some time to fiind this simple solution to this minor, yet very annoying problem.

At first I was in shock, that with all the advanced features of microsoft's newest OS, still there was no mechanism that could avoid such a problem. Later, I has just become dissapointed from microsoft.. They make great products, and yet you encounter problem of this kind..

About the blog I know nothing, cause I came up against this forum all of a sudden.
oh i saw your post ''Great, worked for me! Great & simple solution!'' so i thought the poster above said something...but i can only see a blank msg if u know what i mean

its all good, your solution is just as good!! thx again!!!

diman82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
Maybe there's something with your IE/forum settings. It doesn't matter now, cause waht's important is that's your problem solved. Please provide some critical & negative feedback on microsoft site, regarding this issue, if you have some spare time..

Master5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by diman82 View Post
There's an executable (file) "CTFMON.EXE" located in your %SystemRoot%\system32 directory (usually C:\windows\system32).
You have to make sure, that this executable auto-launches at every windows startup. For that, I've addedd the code from above, that ou should add it to your system's registry, if it's not already there.
What if the CTFMON.exe file is not there at all? Where can I get a replacement - and why might it have gone in the first place??

diman82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: If Language Bar Has Disappeared In Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master5 View Post
What if the CTFMON.exe file is not there at all? Where can I get a replacement - and why might it have gone in the first place??
Did you make a search in your %windir% directory (and all the sub-folders)?
Anyway, I've provided you the following link, just extract it's contents to your %windir% (probably c:\windows).

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Don't forget to add it to your startup (according to the instructions aforementioned).

Good luck!