DVD divx Copy from DVD reader to hard disk

Windows Vista Ultimate

Newbie

noel bouvet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DVD divx Copy from DVD reader to hard disk
I just want to copy several dvd divx with extension AVI from a DVD reader to an hard disk. I can't.

I've tried with 2 different DVD readers. Problem is a continualy retry to read the DVDs. It looks like a DIVX problem but the load of several divx packages has not solved the problem.

My proceessor is an Athlon 2800 64 X2. My system is Windows Vista 32 bits ultimate.

Have you any idea. NoŽl Bouvet
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Noel,
Welcome aboard

What software are you using to copy the divx files with?

What error comes up on the screen?

regards

Steve.
Newbie

noel bouvet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Steve for your quick answers :

I copy with Windows explorer, files with avi extension from a DVD to an hard disk.

Those DVD have beeen last year created with Nero from an hard disk to DVD. Unfortunely hard disk is dead and I want to do an hard disk restauration from the saved DVD.

That doesn't work.

A part of my files with extension AVI had been saved on another hard disk, i have copied them to the new disk without problem.

It looks like my writing DVD had not write properly last year, but I have used it without problem till now and I have the same reading problem on an another DVD reader.

Thanks for your help. NoŽl
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Noel,

if the DVD does not work on 2 DVD readers then there could be aproblem with the DVD Copy.
Can you copy any files from the DVD?

If the DVD is damaged then you can try Max Data Recovery from Max Data Recovery: Recover Damaged CD DVD Floppy Disk Diskette Files

I hope this helps,

regards
Steve
Newbie

noel bouvet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DVD read failures under Vista ultimate
Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your advices. I've ordered the program, you have suggested. I'm waiting now for the registration key.

It's a little bit difficult to buy from Europe to USA, Credit cards are generaly refused and we must use Paypal who use Plimus. That ask some communication times.

I think, it's a bad DVDs quality and hope I will resolve my problem with this Repair program.

Thanks again an best regards.

NoŽl Bouvet
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
I hope it goes well for you.

Come back and tell us how you get on.

regards

Steve
Newbie

noel bouvet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mdrfull165.exe problem
Hi Steve,

It looks like Softeza Max Data Recovery program doesn't work under Windows Vista Ultimate, at installation :

1) On the first screen, buttons BACK and NEXT don't appear at the right bottom.

2) It is impossible to activate the registration via Help / Register. Register is always in grey.

So I have sent a mail to support@softeza.com to get some help.

Thanks for your information, if you have already solved this problem.

Best regards.

Noel
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Noel,

I hope it goes well for you.

In the meantime you can download this software.... Data Recovery Software: CD Data Recovery Software & DVD Data Recovery Software

It will let you see what files can be recovered from the DVD,

regards

Steve
Newbie

noel bouvet is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steve,

I download the last program you have suggested. This is a free try for files under 640k. I must buy the license for my files. I have download ISOBUSTER which is a similar program, erroneous data can't be corrected.

Now, I will attempt the repairing of my failing hard disk which contains all the files I need. A component had exploded on the disk small controler card. I will ask to Samsung France if they sale this spare part. The disk, an SP2014N, is not sale anymore in my country and buying a second hand via E-bay is risky.

Thanks for the information you have given to me.

Noel

update 23th july :

I had an answer from Softeza support :

> Please go to "Start - Control Panel - Display - Appearance" and in
> the "Font size" field select "Normal". Then restart your machine.

I followed this recommendation and the installation of Max Data Recovery has been successful. But some files too much corrupted, every one can't be recovered, so I will try to buy the small card controlling the disk.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by noel bouvet : 07-23-2007 at 08:00. Reason: update