Error message

Windows Vista Ultimate

Newbie

Britannia is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error message
Anyone ever seen this or know how to fix it? I cannot run many programs now.

Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Britannia,

welcome aboard

To correct any changes made please Reboot your PC and press F8 at bootup and run safe and do a System Restore to a point when you knew Vista was ok.
If this doesnt work we can try and undo the changes another way... the hard way..

Hope this helps,

regards

Steve
Newbie

Britannia is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Steve:

i alreasdy tired that and the only restore date options were from May 22nd, which unfortunately was after I started having the problems. I am actually thinking about wiping the system clean and re-installing since I cannot find anything about this problem in any help database and all of my tech friends seem to think its a 2003 windows server error??

What was the hard way that you mentioned?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Britannia,

can you tell me what happened just before the error occurred?
Were you running a certain program or try a certain task?

This error has been passed on from earlier versions of NT based os's.

regards

Steve
Newbie

Britannia is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For some reason, I think this is related to Team Speak, Ventrillo, or Norton.

here is the computer set up. build from scratch 2 months ago:

I only have one hard drive, the C: Drive. Its not partitioned and the DVD drive. I am a pretty basic user.

I have run the program in safe mode to access my user account settings - Not working.

I used safe mode to do a systemrestore and the only dates that are available are yesterdays dates.

All of the utlity programs that one would use to disable the UAC and the various other settings that would not restrict user accounts are not able to be run because of the error message in thy initial post.

In Safe mode, I cannot even run these programs.

The real kicker is that I built this computer from scratch and minimized the amount of software on it to reduce problems such as this and this is worse than the PC's I have bought in the past withthe gobs of useless software on them.

The software that I have installed on this machine:

Windows Vista
Windows Office XP
Star Wars Galaxies
Norton Anti-Virus (Which I also hear is a real gem)
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Google Earth
Ventrilo
Team Speak

And thats pretty much it.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Britannia,

what is the make and model of your sound card?

regards

Steve
Newbie

Britannia is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The issue has been resolved. I dont know how but it is all better now.