Stuck on boot screen/loading bar.

Windows Vista Ultimate

Bloodline is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stuck on boot screen/loading bar.
Ok i installed my Vista ultimate and been using it about 2 months now, and its great. I noticed there where 3 updates i needed to install so i did then it asked to reboot. and when it did that it showed something like "Installing updates 1 of 3 1%"

But it stayed at 0% and never moved and it set there for 4 hours, so i just hard booted it and it would not start up at all, it stayed where that loading bar comes up, and i let that run for a hour and it stayed like that. So i tryied running in safemode and it did the same thing, it showed the screen with all the files that have .sys and it stayed like that for hours to, so i tryied last know good config, and it all ways gives me the blue screen of death. I have also tryied putting the windows installer disk in and doing system repair and that went well but it got stuck on some file, i will update the name later.

So that's about it i have no idea what to do next, just hope i do not have to reformat.

Bloodline is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stuck on boot screen/loading bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodline View Post
[...]

Edit: all right. now i was going to ask. if i have 2 drives. C: drive being where all my files are and D: being where windows is installed. If i do the windows install thing what if i just install it to the D: drive? will all my files be gone? If not i will just do that.
13th_Panther's Avatar

13th_Panther is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Stuck on boot screen/loading bar.
all file will be gone on the install . you will need to do a full install.

Last edited by 13th_Panther : 02-22-2010 at 18:37.