realtek had audio manager not working!

Windows Vista Ultimate

StanRogo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
realtek had audio manager not working!
Ok. I have chosen 5.1 surround and my rear speakers according to the realtek test are working fine and I can here sound coming from them. However, in programmes like realplayer and games there is no music that can be heard from them. If any one could help that would be great.

Also. I do not have a motherboard CD and do not know the name of my motherboard since I bought this PC new rom dell.

The audio manager stopped working after I upgraded from home premium to ultimate.

Ultimate did not coem with this automatically. I had to install it from the realtek website.

I do not know the exact model of my sound card.

Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Tim_Tech_One is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: realtek had audio manager not working!
Well... I think you may have did just a tiny bit too much with the whole realtek software install.

Here's what I would do.

Uninstall that Realtek software. All of it.
Then...
Click on Start
Right Click Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager

Now... your going to have a long list of devices to your right. If any of those have a yellow questions mark or exclamation mark next to them, that means there not working correctly.

The most common and usual fix for this is just a simple driver. Not an entire software package. So scroll down to "Sounds, Video and Game Controllers"
Expand that if its not already expanded due to a yellow mark.
Now Right Click the Audio device and Click Update Drivers.

This can some times take a while and in some cases it wont find the driver at all. If it searches all day long and never finds that driver, dont worry, your still in luck. Whoever manufactured your PC, go to there website and look for something that says Support or Downloads. Keep following those links until you've reached a place that ask you to select you PC type and model. So that. Then look for the audio drivers that are specified for your particular PC.

Once you've found them, download them and run the setup/install file and you should be good from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim_Tech_One For This Useful Post:

StanRogo is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: realtek had audio manager not working!
A.) I'm not stupid so no need to go through all the steps with me.
B.) It's not that at all because the drivers have always been installed and the speakers work fine when you test them to play back a sample sound. It seems the software just won't work with other programmes.