Failed Vista upgrade

Windows Vista Ultimate

rebelbw is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Failed Vista upgrade
I currently run XP Pro, brought Vista Ult UPG and I am unable to upgrade my system. Vista states incompatibility with Mcafee Internet Security, but I do not or ever have installed this product on my machine. This last program is holding me up from installing Vista, anybody got any ideas?

Reaper414 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Failed Vista upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbw View Post
I currently run XP Pro, brought Vista Ult UPG and I am unable to upgrade my system. Vista states incompatibility with Mcafee Internet Security, but I do not or ever have installed this product on my machine. This last program is holding me up from installing Vista, anybody got any ideas?
Well I sort of had the same problem. I was upgrading from my xp home, it said I had to unistall several programs. With windows xp home or pro it comes standard with macafee and norton. Look in add and remove software to remove it. If its not there then click the option to install from scratch (second option). it will back up your old files and instal the new files. This is all I can really say about this situation. doing that fixed mine. hope this helped
Gavin

rebelbw is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Failed Vista upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper414 View Post
Well I sort of had the same problem. I was upgrading from my xp home, it said I had to unistall several programs. With windows xp home or pro it comes standard with macafee and norton. Look in add and remove software to remove it. If its not there then click the option to install from scratch (second option). it will back up your old files and instal the new files. This is all I can really say about this situation. doing that fixed mine. hope this helped
Gavin
Thanks for the helpful thread, but deletion is not an option, with about 1.4 TB of info I can not stand "losing" my files. I will try uninstalling any and all security programs. I already began the frontal lobotomy of add and remove programs in my system. There were quite a few "bad" programs that Vista didn't like. The only reason I am going through this madness is for preparation to upgrade to Win 7. Thanks again.

unfunsy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Failed Vista upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbw View Post
Thanks for the helpful thread, but deletion is not an option, with about 1.4 TB of info I can not stand "losing" my files. I will try uninstalling any and all security programs. I already began the frontal lobotomy of add and remove programs in my system. There were quite a few "bad" programs that Vista didn't like. The only reason I am going through this madness is for preparation to upgrade to Win 7. Thanks again.
Any one?

To be continued....