I've recently bought a Gigabyte's GA-MA78GM-DS2H motherboard (graphic onboard) with a AMD Phenom X4 9550 and 2 x 2 Gb Ocz's DDR2 PC6400 (Titanium Edition), and I cannot install Windows Vista 64 at all... since it freezes/reboots right at the beginning of setup, in the "Windows is loading files..."section after the gray bar get to the end...
At the moment, after I had read some posts in this and other forums, I've been trying to setup vista 64 with the following config:
- removed all additional boards (like the sound card or tv board);
- setup with only one dimm installed, one hd (SATA) and one dvd drive (IDE) installed;
- manually adjusted the memory voltage in the BIOS to 2,1v and to 4-4-4-15 timings (the default ones for this RAM, since the board detected higher timings, in auto mode);
- turned off Amd's Quiet and Cool feature in BIOS, as well as other unnecessary things for the setup (such as additional USB's ports, Fan Control, etc);
- set the SATA controller to operate in Native IDE mode in BIOS;
- set the Floppy Disk setting to none in BIOS 8since i don't have any).
And after all this adjustments I still cannot setup Windows Vista 64,.. however i setup Windows Vista 32 without any problem.. or special adjustment to do...
I'm going completely crazy with Vista x64
... does anyone know what else should I do??
Thanks in advance,