Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Netherlands, Delft
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lost Admin And asking for .Net Machine Account!
If you mean the administrator account is not visible, but you know the password of it I can help you.
Some time I read an article on the Sunbelt Vistanews community.
To regain the administrator account do the following:
- Restart the computer and press F8 to invoke the boot menu options.
- Select "Save mode with Networking".
- Log on with an administrative account (such as the one you created when you installed or set up Vista).
- Click Start and type "cmd" in the Run box.
- At the command prompt, type "net user administrator /active".
- Close the window and reboot.
Hope this helps.
My PC was delivered with Home Premium.
After I installed Vista, I made the admin account visible.
The default password is empty, so if you've never used it, try this.
Then, after updating to Ultimate the account was invisible again.