All but 1 USB devices not recognized!

Windows Vista Ultimate

obex_mike is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All but 1 USB devices not recognized!
hi,

Firstly I've found a couple of threads which I thought could provide a solution, but unfortunately not, so here's my problem...

I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit and the other day my computer stopped recognizing anything i plug into the USB ports. The strange bit is that my PreSonus FaderPort still works fine in all ports... I've tried installing, reinstalling, updating and uninstalling drivers for my MIDI keyboard (one of the things which isnt working) but can't solve the problem.

The message I get says "one of the USB devices attached... has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." When I click the helpful little balloon it brings up a list of my USB ports with either Unused Port or Unknown Device with the exception of the FaderPort which is showing as USB composite device.

Nothing other than the FaderPort that i plug in is recognized - all of which have previously worked fine for ages.

The system Im using has the following:
OS - Vista Ultimate 32
Motherboard - XFX nForce 650i Ultra
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz
RAM - 2GB

I've also unistalled and reinstalled all USB devices in device manager, with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Mike

dvanwig is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Mike,

I have a similar problem with my USB ports. When I try to plug my camera into the port to transfer photos I get the same error message you reported. This is a new development. Used to work reliably every time. Sometimes now I can get the computer to recognize the camera if I plug it into a different USB port...but not always. Sorry I didn't have a solution, but thought some validation of the problem might let you know you are not alone.

conorm is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Usb devices stopped being recognised
again sorry to have no solutions but since I pgraded to vista ultimate my laptop is flaky in recognising my usb devices and tells me that it needs to install drivers fro even a data stick.(not all just some)
Vista tells me to install update KB940199 but every time I do this it tells me the upgrade does not apply to my system
So no help but it does sound a simliar problem