Denied access to c drive

Windows Vista Ultimate

steeleshell is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Denied access to c drive
Hi,
I was fiddling about with my c drive permissions and i have stupidly managed to lock myself completely out. I cannot gain access to anything not even through command prompt or restore. I cannot gain access to reset the permissions either. I will be trying to reset through another pc later but does anyone know how i can reset the permissions any other way? I really dont want to format
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to steeleshell For This Useful Post:
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi steeleshell,

try start Vista in Safe Mode and logon as administrator and see if you can reset them from there.

regards

Steve

Satya is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just doesnt work.
Same problem here. I ...I....I locked myself.
Also, message mentioning "Microsoft fees sync" has stopped working.

Will try as last resort - restart in sage mode and try the above suggestions or dump the machine back to from where I got it from.

Satya is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
exact error message
"Microsoft feeds synchronization has stopped working." keeps on popping up every regular intervals.

Palm Treo syn has stopped working.

"Access denied to C drive " continues.

How do I regain access to C drive? I was just checking out various features, and by mistake I denied all permissions to myself for C. And then I just can not undo what I did my self. Access to C is blocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Satya For This Useful Post:

steeleshell is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Denied access
Thanks for your reply. Safe mode didnt work i tried that first. I formatted in the end.

Satya is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
last resort
I did try in safe mode too, but did not work for me.

Hey how did you format and then gain control? I dont know how to format. Please guide. I do have my Vista CD for reinstallation.

basharbraik is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Denied access to c drive
i have the same problem,, but my desaster is that i have very important files in drive c and i cant make backup,,, so please i need solution,,,

thanks

Clif01234 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Denied access to c drive
Same problem. Access Denied (C. Anyone found a solution that does not require reformatting harddrive?

johnf is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Denied access to c drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clif01234 View Post
Same problem. Access Denied (C. Anyone found a solution that does not require reformatting harddrive?
Hi, Hopefully this info is not too late for those who have experienced the Access denied to C drive problem after playing with the sharing of the drive.

This worked for me so try: Remove the problem drive and place into another computer, using the OS of the host computer you can then access your C drive and change the settings and turn off Sharing. I also made sure I set permissions for everyone.
Jsh80st

Re: Denied access to c drive
Great forum, I like to solve many problemshttp://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...rsion=20070822
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...39;s Day Gifts