Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Doom 3 mouse control

Windows Vista Ultimate

Speedup My PC
Old 01-27-2008

Sabaki is on a distinguished road
Doom 3 mouse control
Hi guys

I need some help with Doom 3 please, it's frustrating the hell out of me!

I recently upgraded my PC.
2.67 Ghz dual core, 4 gigs ram, 320 gig HDD, 8800 GTS and Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Initially on bringing home my PC, Doom 3 ran just fine! Everything worked 100% but then as the upgrades downloaded, I picked up a Doom 3 only problem with my mouse control.

On menu screens, regardless of which direction I move the mouse, the cursor works it's way to the bottom right corner of the screen so navigation here is a real hit and miss scenario.
In game, ANY touch of the mouse eventually leads to the character viewing the ground where his feet should be.

On contacting Activision's online support, I was told to run the msconfig screen to suss out the problem by disabling/enabling the items under the SERVICES & STARTUP tabs. I never disabled any of the Microsoft items which lead to the conclusion that a Microsoft component was responsible for the mouse control issue.

I'm no PC guru by any stretch of the imagination so tinkering further with these items was out for me as on one occassion, my copy of Vista was deemed to be "not original"! The mouse issue, which doesn't occur in any of my other games (Orange Box, Crysis et al) persists.

Has anybody else had this problem before and does anybody know of a solution?

I've downloaded Virtual PC but as mentioned earlier, I'm no PC Expert so I must learn that from scratch, not even knowing if it can help.

Thanks for your time guys, any help would be much appreciated!

SABAKI
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008

Steve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant future
Hi Sabaki,

try run the game in admin mode, see this page DOOM 3 Portal - News for more details,

regards

Steve
Old 01-28-2008

Hi Steve and thanks for the advice Unfortunately, the problem persists!

Man, I bought this game before I even had money saved for my PC and now it won't play!
Old 02-02-2008

/me looks left....and then right

Gee! Nobody can help me (
Old 02-02-2008

Steve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant futureSteve has a brilliant future
Hi sabaki,

have you put on the update, 1.3 for Doom 3 from http://download.activision.com/doom3/D3_1_3.exe

Try also right click on the game icon and on the Compatability, set it to WinXP,

Have you tried another mouse?

regards

Steve
Old 02-02-2008

Hi Steve and thanks so much for your help

I have indeed patched the game with 1.3.1 and my compatibility is set for XP.

Still, no luck
Old 02-02-2008

Hi Sabaki,

the only other options i see left are....

1. Try another mouse and see if the same problem exists.

2. Try change your mouse settings... http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...11033.mspx#ESF and see if anything changes...

3. Virtual PC is handy enough to install really. Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 .You install the setup. Run Virtual PC and from the menu select to create a new Virtual PC. Pop in your Vista Disk, Vista installs and away you go.

regards

Steve
Old 07-27-2009

mhcox is on a distinguished road
Re: Doom 3 mouse control
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hi Sabaki,

the only other options i see left are....

1. Try another mouse and see if the same problem exists.

2. Try change your mouse settings... http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...11033.mspx#ESF and see if anything changes...

3. Virtual PC is handy enough to install really. Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 .You install the setup. Run Virtual PC and from the menu select to create a new Virtual PC. Pop in your Vista Disk, Vista installs and away you go.

regards

Steve
Have either of you solved this problem?

I installed Doom 3 and Doom 3 Resurrection with the 1.3.1 patch and having the same problem. Also, I tried another Logitech mouse instead of the mousepad on my laptop. Still know joy.

Any ideas?!?
Old 08-14-2009

13th_Panther is on a distinguished road
Doom 3 does that it is a problem with the giong from window to full screen my only advise is to keep on restarting the game till it gets right .it is in the game not a thing with windows .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaki View Post
Hi guys

I need some help with Doom 3 please, it's frustrating the hell out of me!

I recently upgraded my PC.
2.67 Ghz dual core, 4 gigs ram, 320 gig HDD, 8800 GTS and Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Initially on bringing home my PC, Doom 3 ran just fine! Everything worked 100% but then as the upgrades downloaded, I picked up a Doom 3 only problem with my mouse control.

On menu screens, regardless of which direction I move the mouse, the cursor works it's way to the bottom right corner of the screen so navigation here is a real hit and miss scenario.
In game, ANY touch of the mouse eventually leads to the character viewing the ground where his feet should be.

On contacting Activision's online support, I was told to run the msconfig screen to suss out the problem by disabling/enabling the items under the SERVICES & STARTUP tabs. I never disabled any of the Microsoft items which lead to the conclusion that a Microsoft component was responsible for the mouse control issue.

I'm no PC guru by any stretch of the imagination so tinkering further with these items was out for me as on one occassion, my copy of Vista was deemed to be "not original"! The mouse issue, which doesn't occur in any of my other games (Orange Box, Crysis et al) persists.

Has anybody else had this problem before and does anybody know of a solution?

I've downloaded Virtual PC but as mentioned earlier, I'm no PC Expert so I must learn that from scratch, not even knowing if it can help.

Thanks for your time guys, any help would be much appreciated!

SABAKI

Last edited by 13th_Panther : 08-14-2009 at 16:51.
Old 08-22-2009

sanmn19 is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem and the following corrected it...just right click on the doom 3 exe file->properties->compatibility tab
1.Make it compatible to run on Win XP
2.Disable visual Themes
3.Disable Desktop composition
3.Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

After doing the above the mouse pointer problem was corrected...i hope it works on all ur PCs.