right mouse click problem

Windows Vista Ultimate

halim is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
right mouse click problem
Hello everyone!
I'm new here. I have Windows Vista Ultimate running on a TOSHIBA laptop. Recently i have internet wirless connection. Now while i'm browsing internet with IE7 browser at some stage if i want to right click on any link it won't open the context menu or nothing happen. then when i come back to desktop and try to right click on anything nothing appear. i try to press CTRL+ALT DEL to bring the task manager to see if there any suspicious program running but the task manager aslo doesn't open. its a strange problem.. i've never seen in Windows XP. Can anybody please help me with this?
thank you!
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi halim,

welcome aboard.

Please read this article from Microsoft How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7 and try some of the suggestions for fixing and repairing Internet Explorer.

If none of the suggestions work then you can try this to repair any corrupted IE7 files....

insert your Vista disc
right click the CMD in the start menu, run as administrator.
then type SFC /SCANNOW

hope this helps,

regards

Steve

halim is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Steve,
I'll try this.. hope it's gonna fix my problem.

marshalljackson is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Right Mouse Button and Task Manager Manager
Halim,
I have the same exact problems on my Sony Vaio. It seems to happen when I have more than 5 or 6 windows open (which shouldn't be happening since I have 2 G of memory.

Have you figured out the problem?

I don't believe that it is an IE7 issue (as Steve suggested) because it is occuring in all applications. I think the finger points back to wonderful Vista.

Let me know if you've made any progress.

Thanks,
Marshall

halim is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Marshal,
you are right! it could be Amazing vista! No, i stil couldn't figure it out. i tried checked IE7 configurations and it all seems ok to me. I'm still hoping to solve this problem but don't know when if i find anything i'll post it here. and i hope you'll let me know as well if get anything b4 me.. good luck

halim is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh.. i wanted to add this on. i suspect its a problem with shell or windows explorere. cause when this happens i can't open my computer either.. can't open any application, ctl+alt+del works but task manager doesn't show up. i installed Antivirus and since then it didn't happen again. Do u have any virus protections on your PC?