vista boot menue

Windows Vista Ultimate

Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vista boot menue
i am running xp and vista together vista has a boot menue i want to edit it can anyone tell me how and where i can find it the boot ini is not in vista anymore i have read something about BCD edit but to far for me to understand anybody explain it for me me or help thanks.
it's the menue i want to edit not the boot time or sequence that i know how to do it it must be a text file somewhere

Fred
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Fred,

I use VistaBootPRO from VistaBootPRO - Go PRO with Microsoft Windows Vista Boot Manager it makes changing the boot menu very easy,

regards

Steve
Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks Steve that looks good have a look later don't want to pay though go through it and let you know but thats the way a boot meneu should be tried it with pq magic had to install the lot again wouldn't advice anybody to do the same
Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
downloaded it made the boot disk that was all ok looked good now i am on a friends computer done something wrong new install but i will try again
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hope all is well Fred

regards

Steve
Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nope didn't work i couldn't do it that both os started installed xp new i might do vista tomorow with the vista menue on my laptop works fine in the end landed with a dynamic hd going to have a look what thats about but a good thing that the computers are faster i could see me doing that with dos and windows 3.1 and flopy disks

Last edited by uncle_fred : 10-03-2007 at 22:09. Reason: just added
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_fred View Post
but a good thing that the computers are faster i could see me doing that with dos and windows 3.1 and flopy disks
he he, those were the days. I remember getting my first PC, a WANG, on Hire Purchase...

We still have a Windows 3.11 PC in work. For 15 odd years it has been printing out labels...

regards

Steve
Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't forget the old paper 5 inch disks
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_fred View Post
don't forget the old paper 5 inch disks
It's all coming back to me now....
Member

Location: on the moon
uncle_fred will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
when you think back and see what a home computer can do now how does a quick reply work ? can't seem to get the hang of it and the posts which i have been through have all the details in mine only has what i have written doing something wrong and can't find what