Unable to attach EL Acpi driver

Windows Vista Ultimate

MoosieAZ's Avatar
Member

Location: Arizona
MoosieAZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to attach EL Acpi driver
Running Ultimate and checking the Event Logs has revealed the annoying captioned issue. As you might suspect, the event log data is of little use to me, other than perhaps implicating IntelQRTD.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks....

Last edited by MoosieAZ : 08-25-2007 at 17:39.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 177 Times in 45 Posts
Hi MoosieAZ,

is your PC a new PC or have you upgraded from an old Operating System like XP?

regards

Steve
MoosieAZ's Avatar
Member

Location: Arizona
MoosieAZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Brand new, custom built by me. Vista Ultimate installed clean, or as clean as Vista is at the moment. I had also installed the two reliability/performance patches Microsoft released the first week of August. As mentioned in another reply, all the Intel [and ATI] drivers and bios are current for my environment.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 177 Times in 45 Posts
The IntelQRTD is Intels Quick Resume Technology Driver and it may not work with Vista. see Intel® Viiv™ Processor Technology - Does Intel® QRTD work on Windows Vista*? although this page seems to be for the ViiV Processor and you seem to have a Intel Core 2 Duo.

There may be a setting in the BIOS for turning this feature off.
MoosieAZ's Avatar
Member

Location: Arizona
MoosieAZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It may be that Vista does not currently support QR, as the link you provided indicates. My 975 chipset and E6600 processor are ViiV certified and will support ViiV technology.

I had already disable QR in the bios, so that avenue is a dead end. I did check and I had loaded the Intel QR drivers, so perhaps uninstalling them may remedy the situation. I'll give it a try and then re-post.

Thanks much...
MoosieAZ's Avatar
Member

Location: Arizona
MoosieAZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steve, wonders never cease. Even though I had quick resume [QR] disabled in bios, the Intel drivers that I had originally loaded at build time must have caused the problem anyway. I uninstalled them and probem solved.

Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited by MoosieAZ : 08-31-2007 at 17:38.