More Countries Added to the Live Mesh Technical Preview

Windows Vista Team Blog

Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
More Countries Added to the Live Mesh Technical Preview
General Manager Amit Mital, who runs Live Mesh & Developer Platform, has posted today that the Live Mesh Technical Preview (www.mesh.com) has expanded to 3 new countries: Canada, India, and Ireland. In signing up for the Live Mesh Technical Preview, folks from these countries will still need to run with an English locale for now. Currently, sign-ups for the Live Mesh Technical Preview are available in the following countries without a waitlist:
  • United States
  • United Kingdom
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Canada
  • India
  • Ireland
Amit says that the Live Mesh Team still does have a maximum limit of users who will be allowed in to the Live Mesh Technical Preview. As long as sign-ups remain below that limit, anyone in the above listed countries is free to sign-up. However, once that limit is met - sign-ups for the Live Mesh Technical Preview will be closed until the team is ready to open it up again for more users. So sign-up now!
Angus Logan also blogged about today's Live Mesh announcement. Angus is a Product Manager for the Live Platform. He blogs a lot about cool developer-related Live Platform technologies. Because Live Mesh is a platform and falls under Live Platform - Angus is a Live Mesh expert and often showcases Live Mesh on this blog. Matter a fact, I'd like to point out a post of his from a few months ago consisting of several tips and tricks on how Live Mesh can boost productivity in Windows Vista. Angus - more tips and tricks please!
Remember, Live Mesh is in the Technical Preview stage. This is essentially pre-Beta. While the Live Mesh Technical Preview has been incredibly reliable and awesome for me - because Live Mesh is still in the pre-Beta stage there are still risks just as there would be for any pre-Beta software release.

More...