RTM Announcement - Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1
It's been a few months since I last blogged about the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1
- formerly known as WVHA or Windows Vista Hardware Assessment.
As you know, many of the IT pros out there like you are now spending a lot of time planning for Windows Vista deployments. But many question and challenges remain:
- Are my existing PCs compatible to Windows Vista when it comes to Hardware and Device Compatibility?
- Would my PCs have BIOS issue after the upgrade to Windows Vista?
- Which of these PCs are low hanging fruits for upgrade to Windows Vista? (e.g. CPU too old so it's time to replace them; or just add 512MB system memory and the PCs would be Windows Vista capable!)
- What kind of software have been installed?
- And, while I'm at it, are all of my PCs secure? Are Windows Securiting Center installed? Do they have Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware software installed? How about Windows Firewall settings?
- How about application virtualization?
The MAP Toolkit 3.1
is designed to address all of these desktop-side issues from a single tool! Yes, at Microsoft, we've heard from you that you like to see fewer tools from us. The MAP Toolkit
is a tools platform that combines the strength of AGENTLESS discovery and report generation capabilities from the previous generation (Windows Vista Hardware Assessment).
As a matter of fact, if you view the latest MAP Team RTM blog post from yesterday
, you will find that the MAP Toolkit 3.1
also have many server-side and virtualization features including a Hyper-V
virtualization candidates assessment and SQL Server
So, why wait? It's time to get going with your Windows Vista projects with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 3.1
. It's been released, sitting right outside the MAP Team "oven" waiting for you to enjoy. :-)
Baldwin Ng (Sr. Product Manager, Microsoft Solution Accelerators - Virtualization Lead)