Connect, collaborate and change a life. Join (RED)

Windows Vista Team Blog

Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Connect, collaborate and change a life. Join (RED)
How can one person, through the simple act of making a purchase, make a difference in the world? For one, you could join Microsoft, Dell and (RED) by helping to eliminate AIDS in Africa. We're calling our (PRODUCT) RED offering Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED, and this is how it works: you buy a new PC, and people living with HIV/AIDS in Africa get the pills they need to help them stay alive.

Why are we doing this? Because we are in the unique position to be able to reach millions of Windows users, helping to raise awareness of the good that choosing (RED) does and at the same time making it possible for people using our technology to help other people in the process.

By offering our best product, Windows Vista Ultimate, running on great PCs from Dell, we make it easy to choose quality, meet your own needs, and do something extraordinary in the process. Not every day do you have the opportunity for your purchase to do something good for the world, but in this case, you do.

It's important to underscore the fact that (RED) is not a charity, but rather a business model -- and one that works. $50-$80 of your purchase, depending on the model you choose, is contributed to the Global Fund. $80 is enough to provide more than 6 months of antiretroviral (ARV) medication for someone living with AIDS in Africa.

You'll notice that we’re offering our best product -- Windows Vista Ultimate -- in our alliance with (RED). Customers running Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED will benefit from the most complete version of Windows Vista available. In addition, they'll enjoy these (RED)-themed elements, available only on PCs running Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED:
  • 6 Wallpapers
  • 2 Sidebar Gadgets
  • 1 Screensaver
  • 1 DreamScene movie
The line-up of Dell PCs available with Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED includes:
  • XPS One (PRODUCT) RED: elegant, simple and space-saving, the XPS One combines is a distinctive addition to the home. Its purchase contributes $80 to the Global Fund.
  • XPS M1330 (PRODUCT) RED: just under 4 pounds and featuring an ultra-thin 0.9-inch profile. Purchase of the M1330 contributes $50 to the Global Fund. $50 could provide nearly 4 months of antiretroviral (ARV) medication for someone living with AIDS in Africa.
  • XPS M1530 (PRODUCT) RED: a sleek and stylish 15.4-inch notebook loaded with built-in webcam, fingerprint reader and touch-sensitive multi-media buttons. Purchasing the M1530 contributes $50 to the Global Fund, which could provide 416 single-dose treatments to prevent the transmission of HIV from mother to baby.

These PCs truly are eye-catching. Each has a special area that includes the (RED) logo -- when you use it, you'll show others your sense of style while reminding yourself of the impact of your choice. And there’s nothing wrong with being a good-looking Samaritan, now, is there?

Dell is selling Windows Vista Ultimate PRODUCT (RED) PCs via their online website and at select retail locations. Outside the US, PRODUCT (RED) PCs should be available in-market in about two months. To join (RED) by purchasing a new Dell PC or to learn where they're sold, go to www.dell.com/joinred.

And while you’re at it, I invite you to learn more about (RED) and its impact by visiting www.joinred.com.

Join us as a force for positive change in the world by doing the (RED) thing.

More...