CES 2008 Round-up & Wrap-up

Windows Vista Team Blog

Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
CES 2008 Round-up & Wrap-up
Now that CES 2008 has officially ended, I wanted to take a moment to do a round-up and wrap up post on CES coverage both here and from others. Featured Community members did some coverage on their sites of CES this year. Josh Phillips from Windows Connected has Day 1 and Day 2 write-ups of his experience online. The folks from Neowin shot some excellent videos of Microsoft Surface. And Jason Dunn has a post up on his experience riding the Media Center Express CES Bus from San Francisco to Las Vegas as well as CES in general. It was also great meeting up with John Obeto, Michael Reyes from HardwareGeeks, Ash Nallwalla and Brad Wardell from Stardock. And special thanks to Robert McLaws from Windows-Now for spending a great deal of time on the Media Center Express CES Bus setting up a fantastic Windows Media Center experience.

Speaking of the Media Center Express CES Bus, blogger Robert Scoble shot a piece for Donny Duetsch's show on CNBC on the bus with a group of other bloggers. Here is a video of some of the bloggers on the bus introducing themselves (including me!). Scoble questioned Bug Labs CEO Peter Semmelhack. You can read about Scoble's experience shooting the segment here. Bug Labs won CNET's "Best of CES" Award this year for Emerging Technologies. Check out the list of "Best of CES" awards for specific categories. You'll also take notice that one of the "Fashion PCs" being showcased by Microsoft at CES this year - the Lenovo IdeaPad U110 - won CNET's "Best of CES" award for Computers and Hardware. The Lenovo IdeaPad U110 is a pretty slick laptop.
For information on the announcements made from Microsoft at CES this year head on over to Microsoft's CES Virtual Pressroom.
Channel 10 did extensive video coverage this year of CES. You can check out all their CES coverage here. Channel 10's Nic Fillingham shot a tour of the Microsoft Product Pavilion. JP Wollersheim, Senior Product Manager for Windows Live, demoed some digital photo features in Windows Live. Awesome stuff.
I've uploaded the final photos from CES I shot to Flickr using Windows Live Photo Gallery. You can check out my photo set here. I've got some great shots up from the Microsoft Product Pavilion. Here are a few of my favorites:

Lots more pictures here!
I posted about the Fashion PCs being showcased at CES earlier last week asking which of these PCs you would like to hear more about. I don't know about you but I really like that HP Blackbird ;-)
While the CES excitement is over... we've got some pretty exciting things coming up post-CES I think you will enjoy. Stay tuned!

More...