Update from Las Vegas – CES 2008 begins!

Windows Vista Team Blog

Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Update from Las Vegas – CES 2008 begins!
Wow what a day! This morning started off real early for Nick and I as we headed over to the Las Vegas Convention Center (where CES is taking place) to do an early walk-through of the Microsoft Product Pavilion with several of our Featured Community members and MVPs. There, we were able to preview some of the new and exciting PCs coming this year like Lenovo's new IdeaPad laptops and the ASUS Lamborghini VX3. Folks from the Certified for Windows Vista Team were on hand to discuss new devices coming like the Samsung SPF-83V Digital Picture Frame. Many of HP's new products were also there for us to check out. I am really excited for these new and upcoming "Fashion" PCs.

Microsoft's Aaron Coldiron was on hand at the Microsoft Product Pavilion giving us demos of many of the Windows Live applications and services including Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Messenger. Aaron demonstrated how he was able to take photos with his Windows Mobile phone and quickly upload them to his Windows Live Space. Great demo!
On our way out, we were fortunate to get a sneak peak at Channel 10's exclusive interview with Bill Gates. This is his last year doing the CES keynote as he transitions out of being a Microsoft employee full time to working full time at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Also: Channel 10 also did a very neat interview with Robbie Bach, President of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division. Robbie discusses quite a few thinks like the Xbox 360, Zune, and Windows Mobile but also what we can expect in regards to the "Connected Entertainment" experience coming in 2008. Check it out.
Next we stopped by to check out the Media Center Express (aka the CES Bus). Microsoft partnered with PodTech is providing a bus for CES offering transportation to and from the Las Vegas Convention Center.

We will have more details on the Media Center Express CES Bus to share in the very near future. Look for a post from Nick.
Tomorrow will be another exciting day. You can follow me on Twitter (trying to update as much as possible) and I've set up a set on Flickr for CES 2008 - all photos being taken with my Certified for Windows Vista Canon PowerShot SD750 and uploaded to Flickr using Windows Live Photo Gallery.http://windowsvistablog.com/aggbug.aspx?PostID=492687

More...