Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wicklow mts
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Silicon Valley Install Fair next month
Similar to last month's Redmond-based Install Fair, the Windows Vista SP1 Deployment Team is holding another Install Fair at our Silicon Valley campus early next month. You're welcome to drop by if you find yourself in the neighborhood, provided you register beforehand.
Windows Vista SP1 Beta Install Fair - Silicon Valley
Date: 8-9 December 2007, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Microsoft Silicon Valley Campus, 1065 La Avenida St., Mountain View, CA 94043
Registrations must be made via email to Windows Vista Install Fair Registration (email@example.com). Please indicate your preferred timeslot when replying. Spaces are limited.
What is Windows Vista SP1? Windows Vista SP1 is an update to Windows Vista that addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability and performance issues, supporting new types of hardware, and adding support for several emerging standards. SP1 also addresses some management, deployment and support challenges.
The goals of the Install Fair are to:
- Desktops: 9:00am or 1:00pm
- Laptops: 9:00am or 1:00pm
As a thank-you for your participation, you will receive a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 and a special gift.
What to bring:
- Upgrade your system that is already running Windows Vista with unfamiliar (to MS) applications, configurations and devices to pre-release (Beta) version of Windows Vista SP1.
- Acquire valuable feedback about the Windows Vista SP1 Beta Windows Update and standalone install experience from the broader community.
- Send attendees away with a usable Windows Vista SP1 Beta operating system.
- Your PC, its power cable and special converters if necessary
- Any special hardware you want to test on Windows Vista SP1 Beta (video or audio capturing during the event is prohibited)
Checklist/Criteria to attend:
- Monitors, keyboards, mice, network cables and speakers
- Installation CD/DVDs and Installation analysis tools
- Snacks and beverages
We look forward to seeing you there!
- The Windows Vista SP1 Install Fair Team
- My important data has been backed up!
- My system's OS is Windows Vista RTM
- My system has an Intel/AMD processor running at 1GHz or higher
- My system has a minimum of 512MB of RAM
- My system's video adapter is AGP4x/8x or PCIe with a minimum of 64MB RAM
- My system has a DVD-ROM drive