TechEd IT Forum Europe, Day 2: Microsoft Deployment and Windows Vista Deployment Planning Tools

Windows Vista Team Blog

Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
TechEd IT Forum Europe, Day 2: Microsoft Deployment and Windows Vista Deployment Planning Tools
Day 2 begins here in Barcelona at TechEd IT Forum and we've got more news to share with you. With more and more businesses looking to deploy Windows Vista, we wanted to remind IT Pros that we offer tools to help accelerate the testing and planning for the migration. We recently announced Microsoft Deployment, the next version of what was formally known as Business Desktop Deployment (BDD), and today we're announcing updates to several Windows Vista deployment planning tools to aid the deployment process. So what's in Microsoft Deployment that wasn't available in BDD? For starters, it integrates with recently released deployment technologies such as System Center Configuration Manager 2007 or the Windows Automated Installation Kit to create a single path for image creation and automated installation. Microsoft Deployment can be used by IT professionals to deploy Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and pre-release versions of Windows Server 2008, as well as to deploy Microsoft Office 2007.
We're also excited to tell you about a new version of the Windows Vista Hardware Assessment Tool (HAT) that's now available. With version 2.1, HAT gives IT Pros the power to evaluate the computers in their business environment to determine whether they can run Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Solution Accelerator, a newer and expanded version of HAT, will cover more products for Microsoft than solely Windows. The upcoming release will assist IT staff in planning and implementing scenarios where Microsoft Application Virtualization and Windows Server 2008 would be used. The MAP Beta Program is now open for registration at: http://connect.microsoft.com/site/si...spx?SiteID=297.
Finally, we also launched a new online resource for IT Pros, called "The Springboard Series." The Springboard Series is part of TechNet, and addresses critical questions and known challenges IT Pros have about the Windows Vista adoption lifecycle. The goal of the Springboard Series is to offer an easier on-ramp to Windows Vista for IT Pros by providing a portfolio of recommended materials and resources that are based on early-adopter and community experiences and feedback. Springboard is now available online at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/springboard.
We expect Microsoft Deployment, the new Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Solution Accelerator and the new Springboard Series all will be helpful resources for IT professionals looking to deploy Windows Vista in business environments. Let us know what you think.

More...