Visiting the Windows Consumer Experience Space in New York City

Windows Vista Team Blog

Paul's Avatar
Moderator

Location: wicklow mts
Paul will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Visiting the Windows Consumer Experience Space in New York City
In New York City this week, Microsoft has invited over 200 members of the press to visit the Windows Consumer Experience Space at Peter White Studios. There, they will get hands on demos of scenarios that both Windows Vista and Windows Live together enable for consumers. The scenarios at the Windows Consumer Experience Space include demos of the Windows Live apps (such as Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Photo Gallery), gaming on Windows Vista, and Windows Media Center and its home entertainment capabilities. Windows Senior Product Manager Craig Cincotta gives us a tour of the Windows Consumer Experience Space where folks will come through for their demos:

Video: Windows Consumer Experience Space Walk-thru
One of the scenarios being demoed is the ability to create panoramic shots in Windows Live Photo Gallery. I absolutely love this feature and decided to go down to Times Square and take a few shots to create a panoramic view of Times Square during both during the evening and during the day. It is an amazing experience standing at Times Square especially at night with all the neon signs and I wanted to share that experience through the panoramic shots.

In creating a panoramic shot, another scenario is being able to use Windows Live Photo Gallery to upload and share that photo to either Windows Live Spaces or Flickr. I chose to upload the panoramic shot of Times Square to my Flickr account and embed it in this blog post - however the same scenario also works if I uploaded the image to Windows Live Spaces as well. For an excellent overview of uploading photos to Flickr through Windows Live Photo Gallery, check out Program Manager Michael Palermiti's screencast and blog post.
Several of our Featured Communities were also invited to visit the Windows Consumer Experience Space such as Blair Briggs, Michael Reyes, Bob Stein, John Obeto, Patrick Husband and Jason Dunn.
In celebration of the Windows Consumer Experience Space - Microsoft has also launched Windows Vista Holiday Product Guide in which users can download to get the low-down on all the excellent new products (which are Certified for Windows Vista) hitting the market this holiday season that take advantage of Windows Vista such as the Gateway One and the Dell XPS 720.

There are many awesome consumer scenarios both Windows Vista and Windows Live can offer and we will continue to blog about them here on the Windows Experience Blog. Be sure to subscribe to the Windows Experience Blog's RSS feed since not all blog posts hit the frontpage of the Windows Vista Team Blog.

More...