Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wicklow mts
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Redmond Install Fair later this month
The Windows Vista SP1 Deployment Team wanted me to pass along notice of an upcoming Install Fair being held here in Redmond at month's end; we've held events like this before and they've always been well received. You're welcome to drop by if you're in the neighborhood.
Windows Vista SP1 Beta Install Fair
Windows Vista SP1 Beta includes changes to improve performance, reliability, security and application compatibility.
Microsoft internal registrations: Install Fair Sign-up (first come, first served) (site is MS internal-only)
Public registrations must be made via email: Windows Vista SP1 Install Fair Registration (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate a preferred timeslot.
The goals of the Install Fair are to:
- Date: 27 October 2007 from 9:00a to 3:00p
- Location: Redmond Campus / Microsoft Conference Center (Building 33), McKinley Room
- Audience: Microsoft employees, friends & family
- There are 2 timeslots with a maximum of 90 openings each for desktops
- 9:00a to 12:00p
- 1:00p to 3:00p
- There is 1 timeslot with a maximum of 20 openings for laptops
What to bring:
- Update 100 Windows Vista RTM PCs or laptops with less commonly found applications, configurations and devices to Windows Vista SP1 Beta.
- Acquire valuable feedback about the Windows Update and stand-alone installation experience from the broader community.
- Send attendees away with a usable Beta version of Windows Vista SP1.
- Generate excitement about Windows Vista SP1 Beta.
- Your PC, its power cable and a DVI-to-VGA converter if necessary
Checklist/Criteria to attend:
- Monitors, keyboards, mice, network cables and speakers.
- Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 Beta DVDs and product keys.
- Update analysis tools.
- Food, beverages and a gift for participating!
We look forward to seeing you there...
The Windows Vista SP1 Install Fair Team
- My important data has been backed up!
- My PC operating system is Windows Vista RTM.
- My PC has an Intel/AMD Processor running at 1 GHz or higher.
- My PC has a minimum of 512MB of RAM.
- My PCs video adapter is AGP4x/8x or PCIe with a minimum of 64MB of RAM.
- My PCs hard disk has a minimum of 6GB of free space (on the same partition as Windows Vista) to allow for installation and analysis tools.
- My PC has a DVD-ROM drive.