Lost my profile in windows vista

Windows Vista Software Development

lemuelt is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lost my profile in windows vista
Good day everyone, Today I started my computer to find out that my profile was done.....it's like if I just turn on my computer fr the frist time with the basic profile on it. now I check the software and they are all intalled but, all the shortcut and links are all gone. I will like to know if any of you have had this problem or if there is a solution to fix this it and get back my profile.

Thanks for your help........

kbmorgan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lost my profile in windows vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_maria View Post
i had the same problem and they told me that is nothing i can do
I have Vista Business and I set it up on a new HP machine for my wife. Made her administrator as a local user and then added her domain user to the administrator group too, which created a username.Domain profile. Both users names use her first and last names separated with a space. Then I created my local user which we'll say is kbmorgan and placed it in the administrators group, and then I added my domain username to the administrator group, which we'll say is the same, Domain\kbmorgan. It however, didn't create a profile kbmorgan.domain when I logged into the domain. Instead it wiped the existing local profile folder and created it a new. If I logged off the domain, and back as my wife, then looked in the C:\Users folder the profile was gone. I left this for a few days, as no one had an answer out there, and during that time my daughter decides to login to my wifes new machine with her domain login and it creates her profile, firstname lastname, but no .domain after it, which is because there was no local user with the same name. When she logged off the domain her profile folder remained. So I logged in with my other domain login which is formated firstname lastname with the space in between, and guess what, it stayed when I logged out! Don't figure, but I bet Vista has a problem with single user names. For what ever reason it is treating them like a Guest or Temporary login. When you log out it wipes the profile folder. I would say that is a bug and a half. Do you know how many people out there have mentioned this and no one had a answer for them. Of course no mentions there login name format either. I'm willing to bet they are using single name formats.