Vistaheads Tip#26 - How to make Windows Vista Log On Automatically
If you want to start Windows Vista and not to have to enter a password each time then try the following:
1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. In the Search Box type netplwiz and press enter
3. On the screen that follows uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer", and then hit Apply.
4. You'll see a username and password box.
5. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK.
6. Reboot go straight to your Desktop without entering any password.