Vistaheads Tip#22 - Turn on Remote Desktop in Windows Vista
If you like to do a Remote Desktop Connection to another Microsoft Vista PC that you own on a network and cannot, then you will have to Turn On Remote Desktop connections to the PC you are trying to connect to.
1. Click on Start and go to the Control Panel
2. Then open System and Maintenance.
3. Then select System.
4. On the right of the Window you will see in the Tasks section "Remote Settings".
5. On the Remote Tab, tick the box that says "Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer"
6. If you are connecting to the Vista PC from another Vista PC then select the last option in the Remote Desktop section otherwise select the middle option.