Vistaheads Tip#20 - Turn off Windows Explorer Clicks in Vista
If you, like me, find the constant clicking when in Windows Explorer then you can try the following to stop them and get some peace of mind back.
1. Click on Start and open up the Control Panel.
2. Open the Sounds and Audio devices
3. Open the Sounds Tab.
4. Browse down in the list to "Start Navigation", it is near the bottom.
5. Change the sound in the Sounds Dropdown to none.
6. Click OK.
7. No more Constant Clicking when browsing folders.