So you are fed up with the Vista Boot Logo and would like to use your own and impress your mates....
Here's how to do it....
1. Download the Vista Boot Logo Generator from Development Dan’s Blog » Blog Archive » Vista Boot Logo Generator v1.1 (Update)
and install it.
2. When installed, right click on the Vista Boot Logo Generator Program Icon and select Run As Administrator from the dropdown menu.
3. You will then need 2 versions of the Boot Logo you would like to use. Both will have to be 24 bit colour .BMP format and one will have to be 800×600 and the other 1024×768.
4. Start a command prompt by clicking on the start button and in the search box enter "cmd". Right-click on the CMD shortcut that appears and select Run as administrator.
5. Type the following...
takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\en-US\winload.exe.mui
6. Then type the following....
cacls C:\Windows\System32\en-US\winload.exe.mui /G YOURLOGONNAME:F
7. Copy the file created with Vista Boot Logo Generator to the C:\windows\system32\en-US\ folder.
8. Next run MSCONFIG buy clicking on Start->Search and typing in MSCONFIG.
9. On the Boot tab you will see the Current OS and below will be an option "No GUI boot", make sure that this is ticked.
10. Reboot and away you go.