speed up downloads on dialup

Windows Vista How To's & Tutorials

porkpie63 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
speed up downloads on dialup
Hi everyone
I just bought a toshiba laptop Satellite P200D/PP205 Series, with VISTA. I would give you more info on it, but Toshiba has it right now,,yep less than 2 months old and repair is needed. Anyway, while I'm waiting on them to send it back to me, I wanted to ask about dialup speed (or lack of). I moved to a rural area and the only hi-speed I can get is using a dish. I hate dish TV, because it doesn't take much weather to knock it out, so I'm pretty sure I won't be any happier with satellite internet. So, is there any way to speed up downloading with ugggg, dialup? I've done searches, and there are hundreds of places claiming they can boost your dialup speed. The one thing I noticed was they all say increase your browsing speed, and nothing about download speed. Is this the same thing? I'd just like to be able to download without being able to get through 4 chapters in a book (I read while waiting). Thanks in advance for any help.
Just an old woman trying to figure out how things work.

LOVERZEE is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: speed up downloads on dialup
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkpie63 View Post
[...]
THERE ARE SOME REASONABLE HOOK-UPS FOR YOUR CELL PHONE, IF YOU HAVE A GOOD SIGNAL FOR THAT. ALLTEL HAS A SYSTEM FOR AROUND $29 UNLIMITED THAT A FRIEND OF MINE USES. SHE SAYS IT ISN'T PERFECT , BUT IT IS A LOT FASTER THEN DIAL-UP.