Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Computer Problems Galore

Windows Vista Home Premium

Speedup My PC
Old 05-22-2013

moondog4881 is on a distinguished road
Computer Problems Galore
I have recently encountered some problems with our computer. It started with the internet locking up (Not Responding). I would then push Ctrl+Alt+Delete, so I could get the Task Manager Menu up. But it would take a while for anything to come up. When it did the screen would go all black and an error message would pop up stating logon process has failed to create security options dialog.

I Googled this and found something on the Windows Answer webpage to try. Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog - - Microsoft Community. So I followed the instructions on the site. I had to restart the computer so the scan and fix could begin. I didnít stay for the whole process. Roommate watched and managed the rest.
So when the process ended, the screen said this:

SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk.

WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

Press F1 to continue.

He must have pressed F1, because the home screen was up when I opened the laptop this morning. So then a prompt comes up saying that I should backup my computer to avoid possible loss. It gives me instructions on how to diagnose and replace the failing hard disk. On the short instructions list it provides the hard disk with errors is: WDC WD3200BEVS-26VAT0 Volume : C:\.

So I then go about the process of figuring how to back-up the data onto a disc. But the process was interrupted by yet another error message: Back-up Error: The system cannot find the file specified 0x80070002. I again searched this error. But the solution for this error doesnít seem to match with what I am looking at in the regedit menu. Here is the site for which I found the possible solution: Common causes and solutions to Backup, System Restore, and Complete PC Backup problems - updated! - The Storage Team at Microsoft - File Cabinet Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs.

So needless to say I am in a pickle here. I donít know exactly why this ended up here. It started with just trying find why the task manager list wouldnít come up when I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del to having a potential hard drive problem. So this might be too much info or not enough. I donít know. Let me know what you think.

Computer model Ė Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J 64 Bit

OS Ė Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

As far as Windows is concerned, we didnít get any of the software included with the computer when we bought it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013

Mad Jack is on a distinguished road
Re: Computer Problems Galore
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondog4881 View Post
I have recently encountered some problems with our computer. It started with the internet locking up (Not Responding). I would then push Ctrl+Alt+Delete, so I could get the Task Manager Menu up. But it would take a while for anything to come up. When it did the screen would go all black and an error message would pop up stating logon process has failed to create security options dialog.

I Googled this and found something on the Windows Answer webpage to try. Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog - - Microsoft Community. So I followed the instructions on the site. I had to restart the computer so the scan and fix could begin. I didnít stay for the whole process. Roommate watched and managed the rest.
So when the process ended, the screen said this:

SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk.

WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

Press F1 to continue.

He must have pressed F1, because the home screen was up when I opened the laptop this morning. So then a prompt comes up saying that I should backup my computer to avoid possible loss. It gives me instructions on how to diagnose and replace the failing hard disk. On the short instructions list it provides the hard disk with errors is: WDC WD3200BEVS-26VAT0 Volume : C:\.

So I then go about the process of figuring how to back-up the data onto a disc. But the process was interrupted by yet another error message: Back-up Error: The system cannot find the file specified 0x80070002. I again searched this error. But the solution for this error doesnít seem to match with what I am looking at in the regedit menu. Here is the site for which I found the possible solution: Common causes and solutions to Backup, System Restore, and Complete PC Backup problems - updated! - The Storage Team at Microsoft - File Cabinet Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs.

So needless to say I am in a pickle here. I donít know exactly why this ended up here. It started with just trying find why the task manager list wouldnít come up when I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del to having a potential hard drive problem. So this might be too much info or not enough. I donít know. Let me know what you think.

Computer model Ė Sony Vaio VGN-FW351J 64 Bit

OS Ė Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

As far as Windows is concerned, we didnít get any of the software included with the computer when we bought it.
I run Advanced System Care on my Vista and it seems to clean up allot of problems, you can download and install the free version at Speed Up Slow Computer, Keep PC and Internet Secure, Freeware Download - IObit install it and run it it fixws allot of Windows problems. If you do actually have a bad HDD you can probably get a good deal at Find the lowest price, reviews and more before you buy - Pricewatch
Good Luck
Mad Jack