Windows installer malfunction

Windows Vista Home Premium

edmeelia is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows installer malfunction
Hello.

I am posting this message in the hope someone could shed some light into solving my problem with windows installer. I have searched the web, I have tried all the suggestions I found there, including the microsoft forum and even downloading the msiserver.reg file.

Bottom line none of these things helped. I cannot install or uninstall. I no longer have antivirus protection because it expired, i have the new one but I cannot install it.

I have seen a thread from 2009 on this subject, however, it talks about registry modification more which I did not understand. I have little knowledge about registry modifications and such.

It would be great if someone could help me figure this out before I just go and buy a Mac instead. Lol. I am that desperate.

So the error is "Windows installer cannot be accessed. [...]" long message. I've tried the following:

Restoring windows.
Changing the option of the service from automatic to manual and vice-versa.
Registering and unregistering
Installing the msiserver.reg file
And all the solutions mentioned by microsoft support which were no help.

I cannot format my computer, because I don't have an image for the windows vista home premium.

Also, I do not feel comfortable playing with the registry. However, if this is the only solution to getting my computer working properly again, I'll do it but I would need step by step clear instructions...

Thank you. Lots of hugs to all the people who try to help me!

lake33 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows installer malfunction
I don't know if this will help, but I have had issues with this as well. My specific situation was I couldn't update Acrobat 9 Pro. The only way I could get this to update was to uninstall Vista SP3, then do the update to Acrobat and then reinstall SP3. It's a long way to get there, but it has worked twice for me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmeelia View Post