Snipping Tool Black Screen

Windows Vista Home Premium

descant is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Snipping Tool Black Screen
When I start the snipping tool I get the little dialog box come up on the screen but when I click new the box stays but the rest of the screen goes black, by changing the tick box for screen overlay in options I can change this to a grey screen but still all blank nothing to be seen to select.
Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this please???

bonytooth is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Snipping Tool Black Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by descant View Post
When I start the snipping tool I get the little dialog box come up on the screen but when I click new the box stays but the rest of the screen goes black, by changing the tick box for screen overlay in options I can change this to a grey screen but still all blank nothing to be seen to select.
Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this please???
Do you have Trustee Rapport installed? I had the same problem and solved it using the solution from their web-site, as follows:

Problem: My screen capturing tool stopped working

Solutions:

Platform: Windows

When you browse to a protected website Rapport blocks screen capturing attempts to prevent malware from capturing sensitive information that is presented by your browser. A screen capturing program would show black screens when your browser presents a protected website.

If you are not trying to capture the protected website then just minimize the browser window or browse away from the protected website and then try the screen capturing tool again.

If you are trying to capture the screen of a protected website you should first turn off this specific protection mechanism by following these steps:

1. Open Rapport Console:

a. Click the Rapport icon, located next to the browser's address bar, and then click "Open Console", or

b. Click Start -> All Programs -> Trusteer Rapport -> Rapport Console

2. Change the policy by following these steps:

a. At the bottom of the console there is a green right arrow - click it

b. Click "Edit Policy"

c. Enter the letters as they are shown in the image and then click OK.

d. Find "Block Screen Capturing " (1st row)

e. Next to "Block Screen Capturing", Click the drop down menu and choose "Never"

f. Click "Save"

3. Reboot your computer

descant is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Snipping Tool Black Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonytooth View Post
[...]

No I don't have Trustee Rapport as far as I know, it also happens when trying to snip from anything non web eg Word. Started working again yesterday but not working today.