Error loading operating system...

Windows Vista Home Premium

Makalaure is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error loading operating system...
I have a laptop that I had to put a new Hard Drive and a CD Drive in after finding the old HD had bad sectors. I used the original boot disk and reinstalled everything. Things were fine for a month, it was used almost daily, then the computer went on the shelf for 3 months before I took it out and fired it up. Now it won't load. Here is exactly what it does:

I get a screen that says Intel, and below that it has Del, F11, Tab.

Then I get a black screen with a cursor.
When I hit return I get the error message

Error loading Operating System with another blinking cursor.

So, I tried to boot from the CD with F11 Boot From CD

The CD starts to spin, a bar appears as files load for about 2 minutes then it flips to a black screen and nothing happens. It seems like it hangs up.

I do not have a partitioned drive or any other OS on the laptop.

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Mobile T9800 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.93GHz 1066FSB 6MB L2 Cache
Intel(R) PM45 + ICH9-M Chipset Mainboard
4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2-800 SODIMM Memory
500GB 5400RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE
NVIDIA(R) Geforce 9600M-GT 512MB VRAM
Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) Ultimate

Any idea what is going on? Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Makalaure is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error loading operating system...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalaure View Post
[...]

OOPS, somehow I got this in Vista Home Premium instead of Vista Ultimate. Can it be moved to the correct forum?