Join Date: Jul 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I cannot access the internet
First try the following:
Log into your wifi then do the steps listed below.
1) Click on the windows icon in the lower left of the computer screen.
2) Click on 'Run'.
3) Type cmd when the menu pops up. You will see the text entered at the bottom of the window.
4) Hit enter. This pulls up the cmd window.
5) Type in "ping" then hit the space bar once and enter the ip address you wish to ping (ping 22.214.171.124 which is mcafee's website).
6) Hit enter to ping the ip address. so it will look like "ping 126.96.36.199" without the quotes and a space after the word ping.
If the ping passes you will see messages saying 0 lost packets if it fails then do steps below.
Have you tried going to a place with free Wifi to see if you can access from a different network?
Also have you checked your virus software to see if you blocked network access? as example Kaspersky Internet Suite has a block all network access feature, as do many others. You can also exit your Virus software to try the network as well,, in your task bar there should be an icon for the virus software. If you right click the icon and either exit or pause protection to try. If you pause it remember you have to unpause it after, if exited the just do a restart to enable it again.
If you are a home user and have a router use the router install disk to reconfig your computer for the router. You may need to plug into the router with a lan cable while doing it. And you could try to reset the router just unplug the power from it for a few minutes then plug it back in. After its back on wait a few minutes then try to loginto the network and see if you can.
I hope this help you.