problems after spyware attack

Windows Vista Home Premium

saloonsinger is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
problems after spyware attack
My computer was attacked by spyware yesterday. After running Norton it detected three threats that were dealt with. The computer seemed to go back to normal but I have not been able to access Internet Explorer, although the other user on this computer still can. The message I get is Yahoo! is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service(HTTP)" with this computer.

Also, even though I can access my music on iTunes, I cannot get access the the iTunes store. The message I get is "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection timed out(even though this message pop up immediately, with no time for the connection to time out) Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again. I know the network connection is active but I am computer semi-literate and have no idea what settings I am supposed to check. Can anyone help?

HeLeX is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: problems after spyware attack
Hello. I've had a similar problem after my computer was attacked by viruses, and as a result, I couldn't access the internet(google chrome). What I did was run a Virus Scan with my Avira AntiVir program. After that, I restarted my computer and accessed Safe Mode. Then I ran the Virus scan from there. This picked up one virus still lurking in my system, whereas in normal mode it couldn't detect it. This solved my problem, try doing the same as I did, it should work.

By the way, what is your operating system?
Fast-teks's Avatar

Fast-teks is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: problems after spyware attack
grr... I've seen this before... just can't remmeber the exact fix...

Was it the Security Tool Virus that you had?

Scanning from safe mode is a good bet, though I remmeber that Norton was still only able to find parts of the virus. Try SuperAntiSpyware as well.

here's a link to the portable version, so you need not even install it.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

Let us know how it goes
www.Fastteks-Arcadia.com