Disc clean-up?

Windows Vista Home Premium

oldy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Disc clean-up?
I'm confused as to how to give my disc on my laptop a clean-up.
Looking on the Internet I find numerous company's all saying that its free, but on delving further you find that money has to be paid out in the long run to complete the task if you want a good job made of it.
I don't mind doing this in the least BUT how can you make sure their a reputable company and not someone who is just after your passwords etc?

As soon as I think I've found the right one, than on doing a search someone is saying " don't go there as they have had nothing but trouble since downloading.
((Horror)) This is frightening as I no nothing about the workings of a computer and putting it right would be a nightmare

The reason I'm wanting to do a spring clean is that my computer is crashing ( dark blue screen) I believe most of you will call it The screen of death
Just reading though's words is enough to add 5years to my life.

Also I might add, my fan is overheating at times but with a little squirt from an air canister this might do the trick?

P.S. I've also read that it is much safer to buy from a shop to get the relevant software as downloading opens you up to the unscrupulous!

oldy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Disc clean-up?
I think I might have jumped the gun - I've just looked in search to see if this has been discussed before and found that the advise give is NOT TO Use ANY DISC CLEAN-UP whats-so ever!

So if this isn't being recommended what is causing my computer crashing?
Oldy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldy View Post