Web Browsers Stop Working

Windows Vista Home Premium

vanityasart's Avatar

vanityasart is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Web Browsers Stop Working
I've been baffled by this for weeks. Has anyone found a solution?

This is the situation. I use Firefox for a while and then it can no longer connect. I can still use Skype and Windows Mail so I know it's not my connection. What's more, I can open IE or Safari and browse for a while before they stop working.

The only way I've found to solve this is to restart, manually. Much of the time I can't restart via and start menu after this happens, much less even open another browser.

Any help your be magnificent. Microsoft want's to charge me since the OS came installed on an HP Pavilion and HP seems completely ignorant to anything Microsoft or Vista.

I work as a graphic artist from home so I'd like this solved relatively quickly! Free web banner to who ever solves my issue.

Cheers!

Malcolm82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Web Browsers Stop Working
I'm interested to see if anyone has an answer to this also. I'm having the same problem, with both my Vista and XP PCs. Most of the time, with Firefox, if I hit the "Try Again" button at the bottom of the message window enough times, usually between 2 and 4, I can finally get connected, but not always. I also run an internet based business, and started having the problem several weeks ago. I have Road Runner high speed internet, and my Outlook Express email works fine. I was beginning to think it was a problem with Firefox. I haven't had a problem with IE, but I rarely use it, so that probably doesn't mean much.

Malcolm82 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Web Browsers Stop Working
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanityasart View Post
I've been baffled by this for weeks. Has anyone found a solution?

This is the situation. I use Firefox for a while and then it can no longer connect. I can still use Skype and Windows Mail so I know it's not my connection. What's more, I can open IE or Safari and browse for a while before they stop working.

The only way I've found to solve this is to restart, manually. Much of the time I can't restart via and start menu after this happens, much less even open another browser.

Any help your be magnificent. Microsoft want's to charge me since the OS came installed on an HP Pavilion and HP seems completely ignorant to anything Microsoft or Vista.

I work as a graphic artist from home so I'd like this solved relatively quickly! Free web banner to who ever solves my issue.

Cheers!
I did some checking on the internet and it looks like quite a few people are having this problem. There were some suggestions that the Microsoft Firewall may not be set to allow Firefox to access the internet. I checked and mine wasn't, so I set it to allow Firefox as one of the exceptions so it would be able to access the internet without the firewall interfering. I tried it and still had the same problem, so I switched to IE. I have been using IE since then (a few hours) and have not had any problem at all, so it appears, at least in my case, that the problem is with Firefox. You had said, though, that you also had problems when using IE, so you may have something else going on.