Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Coping and pasting?

Windows Vista Home Premium

Speedup My PC
Old 04-29-2009

oldy is on a distinguished road
Coping and pasting?
I've never had any trouble coping and pasting from the Internet to Works Word Processor then to file.

Until now!
When I try I'm getting a pop-up saying " this file is too large " even when it is only a few sentences.

Can someone explain what has happened and how this can be rectified

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009

jackidevaney is on a distinguished road
Re: Coping and pasting?
Hi. I am having the same problem. Never used to, now do! I can copy and paste from a saved Works document into a new one just fine. I can also copy from an email or internet and paste it into Notepad and them copy and paste it into a new Works document. But I CANNOT copy and paste anything from an email or the internet.

I notice your post was last October. I am wondering if you found a solution to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldy View Post
I've never had any trouble coping and pasting from the Internet to Works Word Processor then to file.

Until now!
When I try I'm getting a pop-up saying " this file is too large " even when it is only a few sentences.

Can someone explain what has happened and how this can be rectified

Thank you
Old 06-15-2009

Re: Coping and pasting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackidevaney View Post
Hi. I am having the same problem. Never used to, now do! I can copy and paste from a saved Works document into a new one just fine. I can also copy from an email or Internet and paste it into Notepad and them copy and paste it into a new Works document. But I CANNOT copy and paste anything from an email or the Internet.

I notice your post was last October. I am wondering if you found a solution to it?
Hi Jackidevaney
I'm like you -don't know what went wrong ?
After trying numerous things I've finally found out how to do it this way ....

1/ Highlight and copy as normal off the Internet
2/ Go into Word Word Processor
CLICK onto Edit
CLICK Paste Special
CLICK on Unformatted text to highlight it then click again

This should paste what you have copied (fingers crossed)

Let me know how you have got on !
Old 06-15-2009

Re: Copying and pasting?
Hi Oldie,

Thank you very much! It works for me too. :-) Want to here something interesting? I posted that question to you a while ago and then did a Google search and came up with this site: Can't copy & paste to MS Works • mozillaZine Forums
and got the same information that you gave me. I had just tried it and found that it worked and then noticed your reply! :-) Interesting huh? I think this is a blessing. :-)
I also started with some problems with MS Word about the same time as the problem with Works started. I did a system restore back as far as they would let me, and they would both work until I turned the computer off and turned it on again. Interesting. Wish I knew more about computers. Well, thanks again.
Jacki

Quote:
Hi Jackidevaney
I'm like you -don't know what went wrong ?
After trying numerous things I've finally found out how to do it this way ....

1/ Highlight and copy as normal off the Internet
2/ Go into Word Word Processor
CLICK onto Edit
CLICK Paste Special
CLICK on Unformatted text to highlight it then click again

This should paste what you have copied (fingers crossed)

Let me know how you have got on !
Old 06-16-2009

Quote:
Hi Oldie,

Thank you very much! It works for me too. :-) Want to here something interesting? I posted that question to you a while ago and then did a Google search and came up with this site: Can't copy & paste to MS Works • mozillaZine Forums
and got the same information that you gave me. I had just tried it and found that it worked and then noticed your reply! :-) Interesting huh? I think this is a blessing. :-)
I also started with some problems with MS Word about the same time as the problem with Works started. I did a system restore back as far as they would let me, and they would both work until I turned the computer off and turned it on again. Interesting. Wish I knew more about computers. Well, thanks again.
Jacki
Glad it has worked
Lets hope other people will see this write-up to get them out of the same problem.

I still would like to know what has gone wrong especially when all was working perfectly 6mths ago
It might have something to do with up-dates we have downloaded , I cannot think of anything else!

Regards Oldy
Old 06-16-2009

I think it must have had something to do with something that I downloaded too. That guy on the other site where I found the same answer you gave me, had the problem after updating Foxfire. I will tell you that restoring your computer to Factory restore doesn't fix the problem. I thought and hoped that it would. Nope. Anyway, I am glad to find a solution. And thank you again! :-)

Quote:
Glad it has worked
Lets hope other people will see this write-up to get them out of the same problem.

I still would like to know what has gone wrong especially when all was working perfectly 6mths ago
It might have something to do with up-dates we have downloaded , I cannot think of anything else!

Regards Oldy
Old 06-26-2009

Lazarus is on a distinguished road
I'm having a similar problem with Office 2007 documents -- going between Word documents, and between Word and e-mail messages. Wasn't like this until very recently, so I suspect that one of their MS updates has run amok. Also wondering if our other problem, with icons moving around on the desktop after saving modified files, has the same source.

Quote:
I think it must have had something to do with something that I downloaded too. That guy on the other site where I found the same answer you gave me, had the problem after updating Foxfire. I will tell you that restoring your computer to Factory restore doesn't fix the problem. I thought and hoped that it would. Nope. Anyway, I am glad to find a solution. And thank you again! :-)
Old 06-27-2009

Hi guys,

Well, interestingly enough, now my computer works to copy and paste from email or the internet, into Works Word processor. I pasted "special" for a while and then tried to do it by right clicking and pasting and it works every time now. Don't ask me what is going on. You all might want to give it a try now and see if yours works now. :-)

Jacki

Quote: