Help needed for network connectivity

Windows Vista Home Premium

brsinha is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help needed for network connectivity
Hi gurus,
I have a DELL Inspiron 1525 purchase 6 months back. I am running Vista SP2 on it. Since last one month or so, I am not able to connect to the internet on it. When I go to diagnose network issues, it shows that there is some problem with my network hardware or software. This model of DELL uses Marvell Network driver. When I try to repair or Remove the network driver with the help of Driver CDs provided at the time of purchase of the laptop, system's CPU usages goes on to 100 precent and then the system locks and hangs, not completely. I can move my mouse pointer, though not smoothly. System never comes out of this, nothing works after this, not even shut down. The only option I have is to press the power button for long to shut it down forcefully.
Other than this I observed that this problem is not there only at the time of network driver installation. Any network activity is causing this to happen. When I open the Network and Sharing center, clicking into that window here and there again makes the system behave in the same manner. It gets stuck because of 100 CPU usages.
Further I have observed that my Power options have also stopped working. I am not able to sleep or Hibernate my laptop.
Is any one here faced any of these problems ? Is it because of some virus ? virus scan does not detect any virus.
Please help. Thanks a ton in advance for your time.

soloft is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Help needed for network connectivity
I am not the most tech savvy person, but to me it sounds like you might have a virus. If you are using the Windows Virus Scan software (Windows Defender) you will not pick up many viruses. My advice would be to take your laptop to a computer store (not Best Buy) and have them take a look at it. If you do have a virus that bad, you may need to erase your hard drive. However, do not do this unless you have a Windows Vista recovery disc, or else you will be stuck buying a whole new copy of Vista. Hope it works out.