Slow Restarts

Windows Vista Home Premium

Twowheeler's Avatar

Twowheeler is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slow Restarts
Hi Everyone!
I have a question of which I'm trying to resolve.
I've noticed of late that my Vista Home Premium is slow to restart. When I click on the start button and then Restart, it seems to be normal. But when it gets to the "shutting down" part it seems to take forever ( actually only 25 seconds). IE7 seems to be running quickly enough, as well as most things from the desktop. It's just the actual restart than seems to be taking forever to shut down.
Any Ideas. How can I speed this up?

TW
Twowheeler's Avatar

Twowheeler is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Slow Restarts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twowheeler View Post
Hi Everyone!
I have a question of which I'm trying to resolve.
I've noticed of late that my Vista Home Premium is slow to restart. When I click on the start button and then Restart, it seems to be normal. But when it gets to the "shutting down" part it seems to take forever ( actually only 25 seconds). IE7 seems to be running quickly enough, as well as most things from the desktop. It's just the actual restart than seems to be taking forever to shut down.
Any Ideas. How can I speed this up?

TW
HEY!!!
This thread has been sitting here for 5 whole days and no-one seems willing to give me a reply to an honest problem. Is there a work around for my problem or no? The time limit is now up to 30 seconds. I know 30 seconds doesn't sound like much, but on computer with a 500GB hard drive, it is an eternity. This computer was new in June of this year and restarts were a whole lot faster than they are now.
Thank you in advance for any and all responses

TW

kokobunji is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Slow Restarts
Try to take off some not needed aplications and some random files that dont do anything also try checking for spyware using windows defender and simple stuff like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevvie View Post
Hi.Maybe you have too many junk files? Have you done any computer cleanup lately? If not, I'd recommend trying out Auslogics BoostSpeed. I used it for computer cleanup and maintenance. It's not free, but it has a fully functional trial period.