Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1

Windows Vista Home Premium

rubies77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1
I cannot download on my Windows Vista Home premium the Service Pack 1, because there is an Error Code #00000-4c7, that does not allow it to go through. I am new at computers. When you answer me, please think of a toodler taking his first steps , and be as detailed and specific as you can. How do I fix it? Thanking you in advance, and I appreciate your help.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 177 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1
Hi rubies77,

try the following.

1. Make a folder on your desktop called temp. This is where we will save some files.

2. Go to Download details: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista (KB947821) [August 2008] and click on the Download button

3. When asked to save the file select the folder temp you just made on the desktop.

4. When the file is downloaded open up the folder temp on your desktop.

5. Double Click on the downloaded file called Windows6.0-KB947821-v4-x86.msu

6. When it has finished reboot your PC.

7. When the PC starts back up go to Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330) and click on the download button.

8. Save the file again in the temp folder on the desktop.

9. This file may take some time to download as it is very big.

10. When the file is downloaded open up the folder temp on your desktop.

11. Right Click on the downloaded file called Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe and select Run As Administrator from the menu.

hope this help

regards

Steve

rubies77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1
Hi, Steve, and thank you for your help. Your first instruction to me was "to make a folder on my desktop called temp." Please tell me the steps to do that.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 177 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1
Hi rubies77,

put the mouse cursor on a blank area on the desktop and click the right button.

A menu will appear.

Click on New and then click on Folder from the menu.

It will then let you give this folder a name. Type in temp or something like that.

Let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve

rubies77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1
Hi, Steve: Thanks again for trying to help me, but I did what you wrote, and it did not work. thanks,

rubies77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Unable to download Windows Service Pack 1
Steve: I went as far as trying to get a folder like you said to click on an empty space by the desktop, but no menu showed. thanks,