Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem

Windows Vista Home Premium

redsoxfan58 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
Hi I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows Vista Home Premium. Whenever I plug my laptop in to charge and close the lid it restarts itself. So, if I have to use it while it's plugged in and I shut the lid it just restarts it's self. There is no problem when it's not charging. And yes in control panel I have sleep set when the lid is closed and the battery is charging. Thanks for any help!
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
Hi redsoxfan58,

please can you go into your BIOS setup and make sure that USB is not allowed to be a BOOT Device.

Any problems, let us know,

regards

Steve

redsoxfan58 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Hi redsoxfan58,

please can you go into your BIOS setup and make sure that USB is not allowed to be a BOOT Device.

Any problems, let us know,

regards

Steve
Sorry, but I don't know how to do that. lol.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
Hi redsoxfan58,

No probs....

here are the steps.....

1. Press the F2 key when the Laptop starts up.
2. Enter the system setup program.
3. Press the left- and right-arrow keys to highlight the Boot tab.
4. Press the up- and down-arrow keys to highlight the Boot Device Property,
and then press <Enter>.

Somewhere in this section you can disable the USB Boot Device.

Be extremely careful though, if you are not sure about an option you have taken press the Esc button and exit the BIOS WITHOUT saving and start over.

regards

Steve
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve For This Useful Post:

redsoxfan58 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
I went into the BIOS setup and went to power management, and went to the USB wake support option. It was set to off so I toggled it from on, back to off then I closed out. So far this has worked and I haven't had the problem. Do you have any idea why this would have happened?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
Hi redsoxfan58,

that is great news

The only thing I can think of is that you might have something plugged into either a USB port or you have a memory card in a slot somewhere on the laptop

These 2 scenarios can cause the Laptop to start up because if the Laptop gets a signal from either of these then according to the BIOS instructions it will Boot up.

Once again, great news, problem sorted, thanks for getting back to us,

regards

Steve

rmmillan1475 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
Hello Sir!

I have Dell Insprion 1525 with Windows Vista OS, recently i experience some booting problems. Upon starting the unit it goes directly to Dell Media Direct and there's no way to proceed to Windows Vista. I tried to enter the Bios Setup but when I press "F2" nothing happens, it still goes to Dell Media Direct. Pls. Help me how solve this problem, I can't boot from CD or USB drive because the first booting device was set to HDD and i can't change that option because i can't enter the Bios Setup.

Tnx in advance.

kettysimpson is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 restart problem
I think it is just the problem in the setting of the control panel. Just go to control panel there you will find the power management option and just make it default. I hope you will find the solution there.
my blog