English Vista not working with Japanese prog

Windows Vista Home Premium

kelp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
English Vista not working with Japanese prog
Hey all, first of all let me say I've done a lot of trial and error on this and have unfortunately gotten nowhere. My searches in this site seem to only bring up an opposite problem (and have also sort of confirmed that there may be no hope for me) but maybe someone will be able to confirm that I am doomed >_>

I'm in Japan right now and have one of those nifty Japanese cell phones. It's got a music player management type prog called "LISMO". Now, when I installed the USB driver for my phone, everything was fine. When I tried to install LISMO, however, it said it could not install with "this Windows language". Also on the LISMO site it says it will only work with Japanese language versions of OSs. I have an English install of Home Premium, however, everything (Format, Location, Languages, System Locale, etc.) is set to Japan, so I had thought it would still work. First I talked to the LISMO people and they basically said "Yeah, it only works with Japanese language OSs. Sorry." Then I talked to my friends and one recommended AppLocale. . .which I did the workaround to get it to install on Vista and then I tried that, but it told me that "This program should work with your current settings" and of course when it booted the LISMO install I got the same error message.

From what I can tell from other people having similar problems on this forum, changing the "MUI" (yes?) would possibly be able to solve this, but that would only be possible if I had Vista Ultimate/Business, not Home Premium. . yes? So basically there's no way to get this program to install that I haven't already attempted.

If any of you have any ideas on what else I could possibly try at this point I would really appreciate it. Also feel free to ask me for more information if you need it, just keep in mind I'm in a different time zone and may not reply right away.

Thanks.