No Sound on YouTube

Windows Vista Home Premium

ramchaza is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
No Sound on YouTube
I posted this in Vista Basic, in the wrong place, sorry! I do have Home Premium.

My computer is about 2 months old. Last week I got sound on YouTube, now none. I've checked everything I can think of. I was thinking maybe put the system back to the original defaults but no idea how. Sound works fine in everything else!
The Following User Says Thank You to ramchaza For This Useful Post:

dente is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
try restoring your system using system restore type in res in the start menu click systemn restore when you see it appear in the start menu follow the instructions on restoring to a previous date

good luck

domz4726 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
is it just youtube or all the sound you try to play in your computer?

first, if its all the sound, open device manager and see if theres a problem with your sound card driver.

secondly, if not i know it sounds stupid but check all the sound settings in your volume control for any mute and also mute in the youtube video because the mute in your volume controls is different from the mute for the sound within the browser page.

third, hopefully not the case, speaker or soundcard is broken.

let me know if you try all these stuff.

domz4726 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sorry didnt read your post properly, everything else plays.

if your using internet explorer go to tools\internet options
go to advanvced tab and under multimedia tick play sounds in webpages.

ramchaza is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
After searching forever I finally found the solution! It was a codec issue. This site:

Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.7 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.7 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 3.8.0 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools

worked perfectly!!! Pass it on!

domz4726 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well done, didnt think that a something as a codec could ultimately affect the sound coming from youtube especially when the site doesnt even use them aside from java and flash. cheers mate!