DVD's with avi content cannot be read

Windows Vista Home Premium

JimB is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
DVD's with avi content cannot be read
I have several DVD's that have DivX, avi content. Those DVD's are perfectly readable in any DivX compatible player on any home or DVD PC player. However if I put those DVD's in my PC DVD player my Vista OS doesn't "see" the content, allthough it knows there is content on the DVD (0 bytes free !). I can however copy the whole dvd content to my HD and from there on I can play each individual avi file. What's more if I put the DVD in my PC player it always wants to format the DVD and gives this message

f4n92x is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if you said that everytime you insert the DVD, it always shows the message to format it then how do you copy the entire content to your harddisk?
Are you talking a same PC or a different one (with a different OS too)?
Have you tried to install the codecs needed?

JimB is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
All my codecs are installed. How could I reed the copy of the content of the DVD when I would not have the codecs ? So I get this warning when I insert the DVD with the avi content. The DVD is a -R. How do I copy the content that afterwards is perfectly playable on my HD you ask ? Well I simply cancel those idiotic Vista popups and go to "My Computer" Where I choose the full drive (which content isn't visible in Explorer BTW) > R-click on it . I choose copy and copy the whole drive 4.7Gb somewhere on my "C" drive. The question is why does my OS Vista Premium thinks it needs to Format the drive, while there is still content on it ?