I'm glad in a way to see I'm not the only one with such a similar problem. I'm only sorry to say that I haven't yet found a complete solution or even finding a way to describe the problem in order to get better search results.
I'm running Vista Home Premium with SP1 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A200* and here's a list of the problems:
1. All windows of any programs including Windows Explorer and IE flicker roughly once a second (as if changing focus for a split second)
2. If I am dragging the scroll bar it would "reset" back to its original position in time with the flicker (so that any scrolling needs to be done quickly.)
3. Drop down lists behave in the same way, disappearing during a flicker, after being clicked.
Here's an interesting one:
4. When writing either in a word processor or, for example, in this text box once in a while during normal typing a letter goes missing (possibly during one of the flickers.) However, if I am to click on a field that would automatically become highlighted, i.e. the address box, and start typing -> after a flicker it will reset back to the original address.
5. Same things happen with the start menu
Workaround: working in Safe mode alleviates the problem.
Which made me think its a process in the background but disabling non critical ones one by one didn't help.
Updated Spyware and Virus checkers don't pick up anything.
What critical processes run in normal mode that don't in safe mode with networking?
Any help will be greatly appreciated and I hope safe mode allows you full access to songs B-Z
Model Name SATELLITE PRO A200
Part Number PSAE7E-015011EN
OS Version Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
BIOS Version V1.70
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz
Physical Memory 2048MB RAM
Hard Disk Capacity 118,478,979,072 [Byte] 110.342 [GB]
Hard Disk Free Space Capacity 48,598,716,416 [Byte] 45.261 [GB]
Video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 version=8.452.0.0
Screen Resolution 1280 x 800 Pixels
Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000
IDE Device Disk drive