Monitor Going To Sleep

Windows Vista Home Premium

pammie63 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Monitor Going To Sleep
I've been using Vista since July last year and never had this problem until now. I'll try to keep this short: I had left my computer on overnight because I was downloading something, in the morning tried to view my download and my monitor wouldn't come on, it was in sleep mode, I tried to get it out, but it wouldn't come out of sleep mode. So I restarted and it immediately went back into sleep mode. I've tried a restore back to a few days ago when this problem wasn't present, but that didn't work. At first, the only way I could view anything was to go into safe mode, but now, if I keep trying to turn on and off the computer I'll eventually get to view things. I even spent 5 hours on the phone with a HP "tech"? and what she suggested hasn't helped either. I haven't the time to spend another 5 hours on the phone with them yet, I have a case ticket number, just don't have the time to call them again. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone here has had this problem and knows what to do?

OHH yes, and everything is set to never on the power source thingy..

Thanks, and let me know if you need more info...

Pamela

Last edited by pammie63 : 02-15-2008 at 04:53. Reason: because I wasnt done typing..
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Pamela,

welcome aboard

Can you Download Radarsync and see if your Video Card has an updated Driver for it and also see if any motherboard related drivers are in need of updating.

What model HP do you have?

regards

Steve

pammie63 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Steve and Thanks..
Thanks for replying Steve and thanks for the welcome...

I sure can download that, anything to get this fixed.... I am at that site right now, but not real sure which is the free one.... RadarSync Toolbox or RadarSync Software? not sure which one I should download..

I have a HP Pavilion a6150y Desktop PC with HP vp17 17in Flat Panel Monitor.
Let me know if you need more..

I'll be off and on here checking for more info... kids are almost home from school and will have limited time after that..

Thanks again.. Pamela
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Pamela,

both are free but get the RadarSync Software.

Our kids have been off school for the last 3 days.. holidays

Tell us how you get on,

regards

Steve

pammie63 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RadarSync
Ok, great.. I downloaded it and installed it.. it found 18 items, 6 of which are newer versions of yahoo messenger, picajet, Opera Browser, Kodak easy share, IE and HP Photosmart.

The 12 items are ones I have no idea about, so i will list them here, this might be the reason? All of them start out with Intel(R)

82801GH (ICH 7DH) LPC Interfa...
945/G2/P/PL PCI Express Ro...
82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univ...
82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 En...
82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus C...
82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA
945/G2/P/PL Processor to l/...
82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univ...
82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univ...
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 SE
82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Univ...
82801 PCI Bridge - 244E

Alot of those look like duplicates, but that's what that scan showed.. Let me know )

Thanks so so Much, Pamela
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Pamela,

do you know what model Graphics Card your PC has?

regards

Steve

pammie63 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Graphics Card = Video Card?
Are they the same thing? If so, my model is:

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Version: 7.15.11.5828, 5-14-2007

I did a hardware Diagnastics to get this information, I was impressed.. I don't think my XP had this.. Anyways, let me know if this is not what you meant..

I want to thank you Steve for helping and for being so patient with me

Pamela
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Pamela,

well done on getting the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. Sure..you'll be an expert soon..

Lets try download and install the latest drivers and bug fixes from Nvidia and see if it helps.... see ForceWare Release 169

HP have a long list of thing to try when your Monitor is acting funny... See HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors*-* Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save*

Let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve

pammie63 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update on Monitor Problem
Well... the update is that after I did the NVIDIA update and restarted my computer, I was still having the same problem... so I did some more updates, just to make sure I had the latest of everything, restarted, same thing. So I went ahead and called HP support..

Anyways, after 4 hours of me doing everything they suggested which included taking off the side panel and removing and replacing the memory chips (TWICE), and doing much much more, I was still having the same problem.. So they decided that I should send in my tower (on their dime of course) for repairs. I just got my box on Friday and will be sending it out tomrrow. I did a large backup of my data and got all my online bills paid for just in case their turn-a-round time is longer than what they say (8 days just doesn't sound right).

Thanks for your awesome help Steve, I reallly appreciate it and appreciate this forum.. I will continue to come in a take a look around and have bookmarked for "just in case", lol but I hope NOT! lol

Tootles until I get this beast back,
Pamela
Steve's Avatar
Moderator