Ad-Aware 2007 has stopped working [ Resolved ]

Windows Vista Home Premium

george301 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ad-Aware 2007 has stopped working [ Resolved ]
Has anyone expirence this on their vista, I have removed through add and remove prog's then reinstall and nothing. any suggestions?

jamiesond is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
adware
try this site it should work Ad-Aware 2007 Free - Lavasoft see f this helps as adaware 2007 personal is discontinued and this is the new free version.

george301 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
na tried thatalready, i might have to get the triple pack so i can get tech support, thanks anyway
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi George,

what happens when you try to run it?

Have you tried right clicking on the shortcut and selecting Run As Administrator?

regards

Steve

george301 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tried that also I cant figure it out??? im stumped. when i run it is when i get the mesg "Ad-Awear has stoped working"
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi George,

lets see if DEP ( Data Execution Protection )has anything to do with this proplem.

1. Click on the Start menu, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click Advanced system settings.

3. In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.

4. In the Advanced window, in the Performance section, click Settings.

5. In the Performance Options window, click the Data Execution Protection tab.

If DEP is turned on for all programs, add Ad-Aware2007.exe and LSUpdateManager.exe to the exception list

See if this works,

regards

Steve

desert1951 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did u try to run it in windows xp compatibility mode.
i did and it works fine for me.i have had to do this to a few programs that i run all te time on xp
right click the program ,properties, them compaitibilty , select xp mode or whatever mode u want to try
just a thought

george301 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steve you are a genius, that worked. I do recall my system asking me to change my setting. Im not sure if i was under attck i hope not but I added ad-aware to it and that worked out smoothly.
Thanks for your assistance.

chanman1197 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it still wont work for me i have tried, DEP Compatibility mode and all that stuff pleaseeeeeeeeeee help