Join Date: May 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
super black screen
Hi, forgive me if this has been written about before, just smack me on the head and please point me to a url directly if this has already been covered but here's my problem:
I have a Sony VIAO with Vista Home. I had some malware on there that I couldn't clear with super anti spyware. It is the kind that comes on the screen and tells you have all kinds of viruses and then wants you to buy it and won't let you click it out. I used rkill to just kill the processes and keep using my computer. I just figured I would have time to take it out at another date.
Unforutnately yesterday the virus thing came back on and then shut the computer down. Now I have the black screen.
I have tried the following with no success:
1. Reboot, take out battery hit power button 60 seconds.
2. F8 upon reboot nothing but black screen
3. F1 F2 bios , I have set it to boot from CD and put a VISTA DVD I made off the net, still nothing
4. F11 F12 nothing
5. Ctrl Alt Del nothing
6. F10 I get a screen that tells me I can do diagnostic and recovery. Have done ALL of them and iit takes about an hour or so and then finishes. Then reboots right back to the black screen.
7. I have tried to install Linux, and it still won't work
It seems that something is invalidating and preventing anything from starting up beyond the black screen. What do you suggest? Thank you