Blue Screen - Help

Windows Vista Home Basic

JohnBoy94 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blue Screen - Help
A few days ago my desktop started to crash and show a blue screen. Iwas getting the error message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

Initially, sometimes the computer wouldn't start at all and now and again it would start up but crash and show the blue screen again. I kept trying to reboot the computer and eventually it stopped working altogether. Now when I press the standby button absolutely nothing happens.

Is my desktop beyond repair or can it be saved?

I haven't installed any hardware recently and the only software I can think of installing recently was an update of itunes.

I use Vista home basic

If anyone could suggest a solution to my problem I would be extremely grateful.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Re: Blue Screen - Help
Hi Johnboy,

a few postings around the Net point to this being a Memory ( RAM ) problem.

Download a RAM checking program from Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

This will let you boot the computer from a cd and run the tests on the RAM to see if any is faulty.

Let us know how you get on,

regards

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy94 View Post